“Smart Home” my final year MCA project based on Internet of things . The project came from some project seen on Raspberry Pi Website .
The Project is divided into 3 parts
- Nodes communicate with Server
- Server Mosquitto which uses MQTT Protocol
- Android App , which communicates with server
Each node can have the following functionalities.
- Turn ON /OFF the multiple devices.
- Report the current status of the device.
- Measure the climatic conditions.
- Detect and report user presence.
All the above can be obtained using arduino and needed sensors but communicating with server can be very difficult so better is go with a microcontroller with supports both processor and wifi , i chose esp8266 read more about esp8266 here .
MQTT Protocol is used to communicate between nodes , server , android app
Next Part : The Node