The Raspberry Pi Model A+ is the perfect board for the minimalist Pi fan. This low-cost Pi uses the same processor as the model B+, but does away with the Ethernet jack and three of the USB Ports. This makes it lower power, less expensive and much lighter & smaller! It’s still compatible with all Pi operating systems and software, and has the exact same 40 pin GPIO connector and camera/display sockets, so any HATs or Pi Plates or other things that plug into the model B+ will work just the same.
It also has the same HDMI, sound/composite connector and micro USB connector for power.
Unlike the Raspberry Model B+, there’s only one USB port and no ethernet jack but it’s also significantly smaller at 65mm x 56mm if you don’t include overhang from the connectors. Also, there is only 256 MB of RAM onboard instead of 512, so if you have a RAM-intensive application you may need to stick with the B+
Technical Specs :
- Dimensions: 65mm x 56mm / 2.5″ x 2.25″
- Processor: ARM 700Mhz CPU
- USB: One USB 2.0 Port – Keeping it compact means minifying the footprint as much as possible
- Video Output: HDMI and Composite
- Sound: L/R Stereo (via 3.5mm 4 Pole Cable)
- Memory: 256MB Ram
- Operating System: Uses microSD card slot to load O/S
- Digital interfaces: 2 onboard ribbon slots for Camera and Display
- GPIO: 40 GPIO pins, backwards compatible to B board
- No Ethernet jack